Thursday, November 8, 2007

Gems at Leisure World




The local bowling alley here in Kirksville, Leisure World, recently went smoke-free this summer. So there was a club activity and it was pretty fun. I got the lowest score out of anyone: 60, but I broke 50 so I was pleased. It was fun, but the best part of the experience for me was the ...
Kirksville Bowling Hall of Fame.


You can imagine what gems are stowed in this glass case of serious bowlers over the last 50 years. I was cracking up and chose my favorite to share. The photo isn't the greatest, but I think you can appreciate it despite the blurriness.



I just imagine this guy making the appointment with the photographer, needing a professional photo shoot with a wide enough backdrop to get the side-ways lunge position. Priceless. Rhett's favorite was the mustache, and who doesn't enjoy a good plaid bell-bottom?

2 comments:

TerriLyn said...

Love it! I wish I could have been there. You are too cool Jess.

The Wilkins' said...

That is hilarious! I bet you guys had so much fun! I wish I could have come!