Wednesday, November 10, 2010

A Little Early..

We put our tree up.
If you know me you're probably not surprised... I really like Christmas.

Rhett had an easy rotation this week, so we took advantage of him being home to put out our Christmas stuff.  Monday he starts Internal Medicine and we won't see much of him, so it was fun to put it up so he wouldn't miss out, and our house feels really cozy, especially since it's been snowing a little this week.

RJ had fun helping fluff the fake branches, but his favorite was the lighting.


This was our first Christmas with a normal sized tree.  We've always used a little crappy tree.  We bought this 7 foot fake tree this summer at a garage sale for $10.00  Pretty sweet deal.  I thought some things might be missing, but everything was there, and it looked better than I expected.

It was also fun because I've been buying a few red or silver ornaments once they're on clearance in January for years, and this was the first time we actually opened our stash we've been collecting and putting everything together.
I really liked the silver and red combo all together after all.

So sorry if early Christmas gags you.  I've always liked it, and I guess I've converted Rhett to tolerate it.
It's also fun this year because we have a fireplace and mantle!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I am planning on putting my decorations up as soon we get home from vacation. ...and listen to Chrismas music, and smell the Christmas smells and eat the Christmas treats - so no, it doesn't make me gag :)

Unknown said...

Your tree is beautiful! I love how Christmas decor can make a house so cozy. Congrats on the baby girl one the way that is so exciting!

Sheila said...

Love the tree! Pretty nice for a garage sale. I love the abandoned Woody on the floor. Is RJ loving the tree and getting into Christmas or is he still wanting "spooky Halloween"?