Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Archie

I went to pick up RJ from nursery Sunday and they handed me this paper.
I said: "Oh that's not his."
 Teacher: "Oh it's his, that what we call him."
I busted up laughing, because I thought it was funny, like they assign each kid a nickname.
Teacher: "We couldn't remember what you said, we were all like, "what did she say his name was?"

So I said thanks and left, and realized she got "Archie" from "R.J."  He's only 2, but I thought he could say his name pretty well so you could understand, but then I remembered they couldn't understand me.

I guess I need to enunciate better.
But in the mean time we've been calling him Archie.
Is Archie short for Archibald or something?

Here's what Archie's been up to.
I left the room for a few minutes, and he climbed up on the counter, grabbed the whole watermelon, plopped it on his lap, and went to town.  It was a mess.  He's even taken a stack of napkins and was soaking up the juice from the bottom of his crater he'd eaten.

6 comments:

rebecca said...

He is the cutest little Archie;) The only Archie I remember was from a comic book. Was my favorite!

melody said...

Ha! That is hilarious. And the picture is classic.

The Wilkins' said...

Ha, ha, I laughed outloud! Archie's a pretty cute name, actually!

Sheila said...

You can send him with a name tag on. Make a cute little missionary tag, but put his full name.
Pretty cute kid. Love that he was trying to soak up his mess.

Natalie said...

HILARIOUS!!

Katherine said...

That is so cute!! So funny.