Saturday, January 12, 2008

Egg the Landlord

Thursday we just found out our flaky landlord allowed the house we are currently renting to go into foreclosure. Just as we were sitting down to dinner, a rep from the mortgage company came to our door to claim the house. He was shocked to find us--living here. He was kind of flabbergasted by the situation, "In all the foreclosure's I've dealt with, there's never been tenants, so I don't know what to tell you." With this he left, and I had to go to work.
Today, late Friday afternoon, we found out we have to move out by January 24th. We have to move in 13 days. We are frantically looking for housing that is 1. available to be moved into next week, and 2. will allow us to sign a lease only through July because we will be moving back to Utah July 20th.
Stressful, but what can you do and I'm just hoping this will be a blessing in diguise...although I know God has a sense of humor and I've complained a lot about our current house and this would make a great joke of my ungrateful attitude I guess sometimes the hardest lessons to learn hit you right in the middle of a hard semester of med-school , when your 6 months pregnant, and when it's freezing outside. :) Well I know Heavenly Father will help us relocate and I should stop blogging and go begin packing...only 12 more days to go now that it is Saturday.

6 comments:

Katherine said...

I'll help you egg the landlord if you can find her. Sounds fun!

Sorry again about having to move. That sucks! But it will be fun to have you closer and I'm glad you won't have to worry about dead animals showing up in your yard.

Unknown said...

yeah that really puts a damper on your weekend, and I am sure being pregnant doesn't help your emotional/stress levels! hang in there, you guys will work something out!!

Sarah said...

Good luck! Ugh, moving is the pits.

TerriLyn said...

It will be fun having you closer. I know you'll find something! What a pain though. I'm so sorry!

Kassie said...

AHHHHHH! YOU'RE NOT FREAKING?

Nelson Family said...

That Sucks!!!! I am soo sorry, I'll help you egg your landlord too if you really want to :) Well if you haven't found a place yet, the other half of our duplex is open and I think the landlord is looking for someone to move in. Let me know if you are interested. Good luck with everything and let me know if you need help.